7 Best Getaways in Myanmar - You Don't Want to Miss Number 3 Destination.
Myanmar is a beautiful country with an array of things to do with Southeast Asia's most up-and-coming tourist destinations. Its beautiful beaches are less crowded with tourists than many of its Southeast Asian neighbors. Even most of the biggest attractions still giving undiscovered feelings. Despite the country's turbulent political history, Myanmar remains a safe and welcoming place for foreigners.
Below, you will find 7 Best Getaways in Myanmar if you are looking to relax.
1. National Kandawgyi Gardens With nearly 500 different species of flowers, shrubs and trees, you can enjoy all that nature. As these Botanical Gardens hold collections of flora, you can find orchids of various species and many more others. There are also the Fossils Museum, the Petrified Wood Museum and the Butterfly Museum in these gardens.
2. Bagan There were more than 10,000 temples and pagodas when it was in the 12th century, and although many have been destroyed over the years, more than 2,000 are lasting today. The site can be toured by foot, bicycle, electric motorbike, or horse carriage. You can even view the temples from hot air balloons, the most exciting way. As every temple in Bagan is considered sacred, visitors should be careful the signs of respect.
3. Myeik (Mergui) Archipelago Myeik is a divers’ paradise; the beaches of the Myeik Archipelago are pristine. Flat, untouched and 800 or more deserted islands are located. You will also find live-aboard diving opportunities; however, the island-hopping tours may be expensive. The white beaches are on the islands with wilderness full of birds, monkeys, and lizards, and the snorkeling is amazing. You’re sure to see many amazing colorful fish, coral reefs, and sea creatures, as well as an adventure of lifetime.
4. Ngapali Ngapali beach & burma beach is two of the best beach destinations in Myanmar. The gorgeous white sand, turquoise waters and luxurious hotels; the sandy white beaches are perfect for relaxing and paddling around in the water, Additionally, visitors can enjoy something more adventurous surf, kayak, or go for a scenic hot air balloon ride.
5. Kyaiktiyo You may ever hear about a great Golden Rock on the edge of a cliff. Kyaiktiyo Pagoda is one of Myanmar's most important pilgrimage sites. The golden boulder is 25 feet high and 50 feet around, and the pagoda's spire added 24 feet in height.
6. Ngwe Saung Known for its peaceful white sand beach, Ngwe Saung is a popular choice for a weekend getaway and ideal for backpackers. A good range of accommodation is available here and, an easiest beach in the country for most tourists. A small village sits at the north end of the beach, where you can find restaurants and souvenir shops.
7. Hlawga National Park The area is primarily made up of marshland, semi-evergreen forest and deciduous forests and a beautiful lake sits at the center of the park. There are plenty of picnic sites for relaxing in. Moreover, the park has a mini-zoo, which houses Asiatic black bears, crocodiles, leopards, and other animals